Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mansi's oil portrait

Mansi's photo:

Mansi's portrait:

This is my first oil portrait - a child portrait; I have done some water color portraits earlier. The child is my friend Mayur’s daughter who turned 1 yr old on Oct 20 this year.
It was difficult to draw eye brows since children don't have dark eyebrows.

Making a child portrait is more difficult than portraits of adults since children do not have well-defined facial features.

For a portrait, the photo should be taken with camera flash off. Due to flash, we cannot have the light and shadow effect, which has actually happened here.

I defined the shadows on the corners of the face. The lights that are seen on her face in the actual photo are not natural ones, so are not shown. I have neglected details of the dress and the flashed-lights bcoz I don’t want them to be the subject of attention. Hair also need not be realistic.

1 comment:

Ria said...

This is a wonderful attempt. Its come out really nice! All the best for the new one.